First Bank Plc traded over 148 million units of its shares after today’s trading session valued at N1.67 billion making the Tier-1 bank the highest traded shares, in volume and value, on the exchange today.
The buy-interests in the shares of the bank drove the price higher by 2.82% from the previous day’s closing price of N10.65, to close the day at N10.95, although the shares traded at N11.70 during the trading session.
The Nigerian Exchange market closed on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 38 basis points. We saw the bulls dominate the bears in today’s trading session as market breadth indicated a positive mood.
The NGX ASI closed at 41,051.19 points, to reflect a growth of 0.38% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 1.94%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N80.36 billion.
At the close of the market today, Wednesday, 13th October 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N21.39 trillion from N21.31 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as TRANSCORP led 29 Gainers, and 14 Losers topped by FTNCOCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 780.47 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- TRANSCORP up +9.94% to close at N5.97
- CHAMPION up +9.88% to close at N2.78
- CHIPLC up +9.09% to close at N0.60
- OKOMUOIL up +8.23% to close at N125.00
- UPL up +6.67% to close at N1.60
NGX ASI top losers
- FTNCOCOA down –8.00% to close at N0.46
- ABCTRANS down –5.88% to close at N0.32
- REGALINS down –5.00% to close at N0.38
- IKEJAHOTEL down –4.55% to close at N1.05
- UNIVINSURE down –4.55% to close at N0.21
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- FBNH – 148,354,222 units
- UNIVINSURE – 46,170,356 units
- ETI – 42,551,212 units
- GTCO – 32,605,359 units
- FIDELITY – 19,731,635 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- FBNH – N1,672,289,968.65
- GTCO – N923,010,070.10
- ETI – N316,092,067.45
- SEPLAT – N231,625,962.10
- MTNN – N183,099,657.40
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 29 gainers surpassed 14 losers.