JUST IN ! WE ARE NOT BRINGING BACK SARS – Police ~ FAME NEWS

0
109

The Nigeria Police Force has refuted claims that the security agency was planning to return SARS a year after the squad was disbanded, following their several complaints of brutality, harassment, and extrajudicial killings of citizens.

It said the squad has been disbanded and that there was no plan from office of the Inspector General of Police (IGP) to re-form the team after it was scrapped.

Through a statement released on Thursday by the force spokesperson, CP Frank Mba, the security agency reaffirmed that the squad had been disbanded and that it is gone for good.

The police indicated that there was a need to clear the air on the news circulating online that plans were been concluded to restore the team and that the speculation was to distract the security agent from its effort to maintain law and order in the country.

It said: “The attention of the Nigeria Police Force has been drawn to a false news report making the rounds online and offline suggesting that the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, has ordered the re-establishment of the defunct Special Anti – Robbery Squad (SARS).

The Force wishes to categorically emphasize that there is no plan whatsoever to bring back the disbanded SARS. SARS is gone for good and will not resurrect under any guise whatsoever”.

It also said: “The IGP notes that the Force has since reorganized its operational structure to fill the vacuum created by the disbandment of SARS.

Currently, the leadership of the Force is focused on efforts at deepening reforms within the Police and bequeathing Nigerians a Police Force that will be more effective, efficient, technology-driven, humane, and Rule of Law-compliant”.

According to the statement, the IGP, therefore, calls on members of the public to disregard the report which is absolutely false and deliberately intended to disinform and misinform members of the public.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here